Nonprofit Board Service: Getting Your Team Ready to Serve | Los Angeles, CA
Enroll by DEC 22 and SAVE $200
FEB 7-8, 2018 - Is your company considering nonprofit board service in its philanthropy or leadership development programs? While many C-Suite and emerging leaders are eager to take action and volunteer their time, they may want to be better-prepared to address the legal, fiduciary, and fundraising responsibilities that come with nonprofit board leadership. This program provides you with the training to support a robust nonprofit board service program as part of your overall corporate citizenship commitment.
Join us and learn:
- The business case for skills-based volunteerism and nonprofit board service.
- The fundamentals of nonprofit board leadership, including an overview of legal, fiduciary, and fundraising responsibilities for board members.
- Strategies and tips for nonprofit board members communication with stakeholders.
- Tools for evaluating nonprofit organizations and existing programs.
- How to review and assess a nonprofit's 990 tax form.
This course is for:
Those wanting to get higher participation in community involvement programs. Those seeking to get higher employee engagement numbers. Corporate citizenship professionals responsible for employee volunteer programs, Green Teams, and/or communicating with employees. Corporate citizenship professionals developing or refreshing their company’s CSR strategy. Other professionals engaging with employees in the design, development, and evaluation of corporate citizenship programs.
Is your company a member? Corporate members SAVE an average of 20% on Executive Education offerings.
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
Center courses: Fundamentals of Employee Volunteer Programs
Professional credentials earned:
4 certificate units will be applied to a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship, and 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). This is an elective course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship.