Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards for Reporting: Certified Sustainability Reporting Training | ONLINE
Enroll by DEC 7 and save $250
Enroll by DEC 22 and save $200
FEB 5-MAR 30, 2018 - Are you creating your first sustainability report and don’t know where to begin? Are you currently reporting but aren’t sure your report is up to par? As a certified Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) training partner, the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship can provide you with a comprehensive foundation in the GRI Reporting Standards and reporting process focused on social, environmental, economic, and governance dimensions of business.
Join us and learn:
- The fundamentals of the five-part GRI reporting process: prepare, connect, define, monitor, and report.
- How to identify the activities and decisions to be made during the reporting process to help your company focus on relevant issues.
- What nonfinancial materiality is and why it matters for reporting.
- The difference between an aspect and an indicator and how best to focus your report to meet the needs of your audiences.
- How to use GRI principles to create a strategic, focused, credible, and user-friendly report.
This course is for:
Professionals involved with any facet of the reporting process; individuals who provide quantitative and/or qualitative data, engage with stakeholders, or communicate the company’s economic, social, or environmental impacts; and professionals interested in learning to evaluate reports of their supply chain partners or customers to maximize alignment of disclosures.
Is your company a member? Corporate members SAVE an average of 20% on Executive Education offerings.
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
Possesses a familiarity with employer’s business and citizenship strategy, and an understanding of the company’s existing reporting processes and procedures.
Professional credentials earned:
As the Center is certified training partner for the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), a Certificate of Completion will be awarded from GRI. Additionally, participants will earn 4 certificate units toward either a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice or a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability Reporting and 16 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. This is an elective course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice and a required course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability Reporting.