Corporate Citizenship 101: Environmental, Social, and Governance Fundamentals | ONLINE
There's still time to enroll in this self-paced 8-week course!
OCT 2-NOV 22, 2017 - 60% of executives say corporate citizenship is a large part of their business strategy.* Are you new to the field of corporate citizenship or work with CSR and sustainability colleagues and are seeking a better understanding of the industry? This introductory course to the field of corporate citizenship will translate the complex concepts, ideas, and language of corporate citizenship into practical and useful models and tools. This three-day course will provide participants with an overview of corporate citizenship trends.
Join Us and Learn:
- How to assess the fundamental principles and scope of corporate citizenship and the changing role of business in society.
- Leading practices for aligning, developing, and implementing corporate citizenship through the use of strategy.
- The key aspects and differences between essential reporting and standard frameworks including ISO, GRI, SASB, and CDP.
- How to address key audiences and leadership with concise, consistent messages.
- How to begin assessing programs and ensure desired outcomes and impacts.
This course is for:
Professionals with corporate citizenship responsibilities with introductory or no knowledge of the corporate citizenship industry. This course is also helpful for individuals from other functional areas such as public and government affairs, public relations, marketing and communications who have direct contact with key company stakeholders and/or who work closely with their company's community involvement function (e.g. public and government affairs, sustainability, corporate responsibility, public relations, marketing and communications).
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
Possesses a familiarity with employer’s environmental, social, or governance programs.
Professional credentials earned:
5 certificate units toward a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice, 1.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and 16 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. This is an elective course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice.
* Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship. (2014). The State of Corporate Citizenship 2014. Boston: Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship.