Materiality: Determining Priorities for Corporate Citizenship Strategy and Reporting
Whether reporting on your company’s impacts, creating a corporate citizenship strategy, or evaluating a current program, a materiality assessment will help by conveying the areas of greatest significance to your company and society. A materiality analysis prioritizes the corporate citizenship issues that are most important to your business context and stakeholders, enabling you to allocate time and resources to those issues that are most important in your operating context. A materiality matrix, the result of this process, provides a succinct and informative picture of how your company had prioritized social and environmental issues.
There are no upcoming courses currently scheduled. Please check back often as we update the event calendar.
Join us and learn:
- How to develop a materiality matrix for your industry sector and your company.
- How to identify and prioritize stakeholders using key attributes of influence, legitimacy, and urgency.
- To explore issues and describe issue life cycles and their impacts.
- To evaluate different styles of corporate materiality matrices to determine the one most appropriate for your company.
- How to apply the materiality assessment process to your company to identify corporate citizenship priorities.
This course is for:
Corporate citizenship professionals responsible for developing corporate citizenship programs and/or corporate sustainability reports as well as professionals at any level seeking to better understand and apply the concept of materiality to the programs they manage.
Is your company a member? Corporate members SAVE an average of 20% on Executive Education offerings.
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
Possesses a familiarity with employer’s business strategy.
Professional credentials earned:
2 certificate units toward either a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice or a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability Reporting, 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), and 6 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. This is an elective course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Practice and a required course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability Reporting.
- Member: $860.00
- Non-Member: $1025.00