State of Corporate Citizenship 2017
The State of Corporate Citizenship 2017 is a research project of the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship that examines how executives view corporate citizenship and their firms' performance in the environmental, social, and governance dimensions of business. This longitudinal study examines how corporate citizenship efforts contribute to business objectives including increasing market share, engaging employees, and enhancing reputation.
Key findings reveal that corporate citizenship delivers real results.
- The majority of executive respondents report they have increased, or plan to increase, efforts to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in response to the Paris Agreement.
- The majority of executives anticipate resources for every corporate citizenship dimension to increase over the next three years.
- The majority of executive respondents, across all business types and industries, confirm that corporate citizenship helps them successfully achieve strategic goals, ultimately improving performance.
Members: Enter your business email in the column to the right to access:
- The full report
- Executive summary
- PowerPoint presentation of key findings
- Industry-specific presentations will be available in the Spring of 2017
Non Members: Enter your business email to access the highlights of the research. Interested in membership? Learn more here.
Are you a Member?
Access Full Report
Please enter your business email address to receive the full report, an executive summary, and a PowerPoint presentation of key findings.
Not a Member?
Review the report's executive summary and share with your organization.
Members of the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship gain access to the full report. Interested in membership?