Boston College for Corporate Citizenship Membership Benefits
Membership in the Center offers a wide range of valuable benefits that will enhance your corporate citizenship efforts and help you to make important contributions to your organization’s business goals. Both tangible and intangible, these benefits include:
Accelerate your leadership skills through classes, webinars, one-day sessions, regional programs, and our annual conference. A variety of certificates from the Carroll School of Management are offered, as well as company-wide, customized and onsite education programs. Members receive free monthly webinars and 20% average savings on executive education classes.
Knowledge & Research
The more knowledge you have, the better equipped you will be to plan and execute effective corporate citizenship strategies. The challenge is that there is a lot of information and your time is at a premium. The Center monitors the environmental, social, and governance dimensions of business. We conduct primary research related to your practice and also scan the broader literature to evaluate, select, and deliver the knowledge assets that will be most valuable to you on a regular basis.
We regularly deliver knowledge assets to our members, including:
- Weekly – Media Monitor is a weekly email news service for members. It includes a comprehensive summary of general news items that are shaping or are being shaped by corporate citizenship.
- Bi-Weekly – Research Briefs provides summaries of recent or seminal research findings from corporate practice and other empirical sources that offer insights you can apply to your work. Twice each month a new edition is emailed to members with links to the latest items we’ve added to the library on our website.
- Monthly - The Idea Exchange e-newsletter, provides a summary of the insights, news and ideas. Monthly webinars feature the latest research and information from experts on a variety of topics and are available on demand to members.
- Monthly - The Regulatory Radar e-newsletter, arriving in your inbox on the third Wednesday of every month the Regulatory Radar provides summaries of regulatory developments that may impact your corporate citizenship efforts, another way membership in the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship helps you to Know More, Do More, and Achieve More.
- Quarterly – The Corporate Citizen Magazine print and online publication is produced quarterly by the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship providing industry research, insight and developments in the field of corporate citizenship..
- Ongoing – Our website offers members a comprehensive library of research reports, case studies, research briefs, blog posts and other knowledge assets and tools.
The Center continually conducts primary research on the practice of corporate citizenship. Members receive free copies of the reports, executive summaries, and can request industry benchmarking related to the research. Current research reports are:
- Profile of the Professionals: Since 1997, the Center has surveyed professionals in corporate citizenship on their roles and responsibilities, their backgrounds, the critical challenges they face, and what it takes for them to succeed. Compensation and benefits information are also provided for a range of job levels.
- The State of Corporate Citizenship: Published since 2003, this report explores executive attitudes and commitments to corporate citizenship. It examines business and corporate citizenship priorities, the connections between the two, and trends for future commitments.
- Profile of the Practice: Started in 2008, this survey provides an inside look at how companies are managing the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) dimensions of business—corporate citizenship—and how these practices have evolved.
- The Community Involvement Study: Since 1995, the CI Study has offered insight into how companies manage, measure, and communicate community involvement. The survey examines corporate giving and volunteering programs in particular.
Support when you need it
We provide exclusive customized research and advisory services to members. At your request, we can assemble the best available resources and research to help you with your specific need. Consider us your very own built-in research team.
Peer-to-peer networking and collaboration
Through both online and in-person channels, members can share best practices and expand their networks.
- Online member community offers a secure space where you can learn, collaborate, and connect directly with your peers. Approximately 2,000 corporate citizenship professionals from around the world log on to discuss challenges, share best practices, and build valuable connections with their fellow members.
- International Corporate Citizenship Conference connects you with more than 600 leading corporate citizenship professionals who attend and gain critical knowledge from the many workshops and sessions – including industry summits, issue breakfasts, and networking dinners – that take place during the conference.
- Regional events provide you with an exclusive opportunity to participate in provocative discussions around emerging corporate citizenship issues and trends.
- Affinity Groups provide ongoing forums to understand critical social issues, review changing public policy, share best practices, and develop deeper peer networks.
Through membership, professionals gain access to resources that can help them raise their profiles within their companies and beyond, and advocate for their corporate citizenship efforts.
Fresh, actionable insights
Make better business decisions by learning from the best, including corporate citizenship subject matter experts, business professionals, and academics.
Membership with the Center
The Center’s membership is open to all for-profit corporations who have a dedicated corporate citizenship or sustainability department/individual. To learn more about membership eligibility, please go to our Membership FAQs section of our website. If you would like to learn more about these and other member benefits and services please call the Center at 617.552.4545 or fill out our request for membership information form and we will get right back to you.