What competencies must you master to manage community involvement or corporate citizenship? What knowledge and skills do you need to succeed?
The Center has been working with and training corporate citizenship leaders for over 20 years. In 2009, we conducted a new study to assess the competencies needed to lead a successful corporate citizenship or community involvement initiative in the 21st Century.
The resulting models, designed in partnership with the Hay Group, can be used as practical tools for charting a course of personal and professional development for today’s and tomorrow’s leaders to enhance your effectiveness and impact.
What is a competency?
- Any characteristic—mental, physical, or emotional—that leads to outstanding performance
- Competencies are attributes and motivators that set apart the best from the rest in a particular role
- People competent for a specific role perform better
- Leading corporate citizenship requires a unique set of competencies
- Levels of progression can be developed and learned
Read more about the Center’s Competency models to learn how you can assess and develop your knowledge, skills and attributes and enhance your effectiveness in corporate citizenship.