ONLINE - Environmental Sustainability 101
Environmental sustainability is a critical component of corporate citizenship strategy and an increasingly important business priority. Companies that assess, manage, and communicate their environmental performance reduce risk, identify cost savings, and improve performance. They also mitigate their impacts on local communities and the planet. Today’s businesses can positively differentiate themselves by developing commitments to managing natural resources that makes business and environmental sense. This course provides an overview of concepts, tools, and resources that can get you started.
Join us and learn:
- What sustainability means for companies of all sizes and industries.
- The principles and leading practices of natural resource management.
- The regulatory and societal expectations of companies’ sustainability programs.
- The global, national, and regional agreements, actions, and frameworks for sustainability measurement and reporting and how can they be implemented.
- How to set data-driven and science-based environmental targets.
- The trends that are shaping environmental sustainability including natural capital, biomimicry, and resiliency.
This course is for:
- This course is designed for professionals with corporate citizenship responsibilities who wish to develop a solid foundation of knowledge in sustainability space or who want to refresh their knowledge.
- Individuals from other functional areas such as public and government affairs, public relations, procurement/sourcing, marketing and communications—who have direct contact with key company stakeholders and/or who work closely with their company's sustainability function—will also benefit from this program.
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
- Corporate Citizenship 101 or broad knowledge of corporate citizenship.
Professional credentials earned:
- 4 certificate units will be applied to a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship.
- 1.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- This is an elective course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship.
- Member: $1710.00
- Non-Member: $2050.00
Dates and Locations:
- No upcoming dates
- Learn more about course logistics, including the course schedule, cancellation policy, and other general information.