Nonprofit Board Service: Getting Your Team Ready to Serve
IIs your company considering nonprofit board service in its philanthropy or leadership development programs? While many C-Suite and emerging leaders are eager to take action and volunteer their time, they may want to be better-prepared to address the legal, fiduciary, and fundraising responsibilities that come with nonprofit board leadership. This program provides you with the training to support a robust nonprofit board service program as part of your overall corporate citizenship commitment.
Join us and learn:
- The business case for skills-based volunteerism and nonprofit board service.
- The fundamentals of nonprofit board leadership, including an overview of legal, fiduciary, and fundraising responsibilities for board members.
- Strategies and tips for nonprofit board members communication with stakeholders.
- Tools for evaluating nonprofit organizations and existing programs.
- How to review and assess a nonprofit's 990 tax form.
This course is for:
- Those wanting to get higher participation in community involvement programs.
- Those seeking to get higher employee engagement numbers.
- Corporate citizenship professionals responsible for employee volunteer programs, Green Teams, and/or communicating with employees.
- Corporate citizenship professionals developing or refreshing their company’s CSR strategy.
- Other professionals engaging with employees in the design, development, and evaluation of corporate citizenship programs.
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
- Center courses: The Fundamentals of Employee Volunteer Programs
Professional credentials earned:
- 4 certificate units will be applied to a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship.
- 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- This is an elective course for a Certificate in Corporate Citizenship.
- Member: $1710.00
- Non-Member: $2050.00
Dates and Locations:
- No upcoming dates
- Learn more about course logistics, including the course schedule, cancellation policy, and other general information.