ONLINE - Materiality: Determining Priorities for Corporate Citizenship Strategy and Reporting
Materiality assessment is the foundation for these strategic activities. A materiality assessment provides a methodology to prioritize the corporate citizenship issues that are most important to your stakeholders and business context, enabling you to allocate time and resources strategically. A materiality matrix, the result of this process, provides a succinct and informative picture for those audiences and serves as an internal decision-making tool.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and prioritize stakeholders using key attributes of influence, legitimacy, and urgency.
- Complete a materiality matrix to visualize the issues and stakeholders that will be most important to your company’s success
- Identify where your firm is likely to have the largest opportunities or risks.
- Describe issue life cycles and explain their impacts.
This online course will run over a six-week period starting June 27 and ending August 5. Students must be enrolled by June 22 to be included in this cohort.
Course modules may be completed entirely on demand and at the learner’s own pace.
Additional support is also offered through optional live learning labs that will take place Wednesdays at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. EST for participants who have questions or who want to connect with their class cohort.
Modules give you an opportunity to explore the concept of material issues and develop a materiality matrix for your industry sector and your company.
Join Us and Learn:
- How to identify and prioritize stakeholders using key attributes of influence, legitimacy, and urgency.
- To describe issue lives cycles and explain their impacts.
- To evaluate different styles of corporate materiality matrices to determine the one most appropriate for your company.
- How to apply the materiality assessment process to your company to identify corporate citizenship priorities.
This Course is for:
- Corporate Citizenship professionals responsible for developing corporate citizenship programs and/or corporate sustainability reports.
- Professionals at any level seeking to better understand and apply the concept of materiality to the programs they manage.
Suggested prior knowledge and skills:
A participant should have familiarity with his/her company’s business strategy.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive the following professional credentials:
This course may be applied to a Certificate of Practice in Corporate Citizenship. It is an elective course.
6 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
For questions, please call 617-552-1553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: $860.00
- Non-Member: $1025.00
Dates and Locations:
- No upcoming dates
- Learn more about course logistics, including the course schedule, cancellation policy, and other general information.