Corporate Citizenship Communications
- March 11-13, 2015; Portland, OR
Communication is critical to the successful execution of your corporate citizenship strategy—and developing effective communications strategies is getting more challenging with each passing year.
Social media and mobile channels have expanded the reach and increased the speed of your messages. With more ways than ever to share your corporate citizenship efforts and performance internally and with the broader market, a sound communication strategy is more important than ever.
If communication is not your main responsibility but you have to communicate about any aspect of corporate citizenship—from building a sustainable supply chain to community investment to employee engagement—this course is for you.
Learn how to develop compelling messages to achieve goals. Whether you seek to bolster employee participation, build trust with the external community, or promote a new program, this course will help you improve your internal and external communication so your corporate citizenship program can achieve its full potential.
What to expect
Utilizing exercises, lectures, examples, case studies and small group interactions, this 2½ day introduction to principles of communication program helps you develop tactical and strategic skills and choose the right tools to communicate your corporate citizenship. Upon completion of this course you will:
- Have a fresh perspective on emerging communication trends
- Develop core messages that can be deployed across multiple channels by multiple messengers.
- Evaluate digital, mobile and social media applications and platforms as communication channels
- Examine and critique real-world corporate citizenship communication campaigns
The Course of Study
Trends in Communication
- Appreciate the complexities of the digital, mobile world and its impact on communication
- Understand the role of social media as an opportunity and a challenge
- Determine if your company is positioned to leverage the new communication trends
- Develop messages that support your business and corporate citizenship strategies
- Understand your audiences—understand which audiences are most important to achieve success and what motivates them
- Outline the five steps of communication planning from goal setting through measurement
- Determine and define clear goals for your communication activities
- Articulate the diverse motivations and concerns of your employees and other stakeholders
- Craft a compelling message that incorporates six important traits
- Ensure alignment of corporate citizenship communication and the broader corporate communication strategy
Communication Strategies for Corporate Citizenship Campaigns
- Match the appropriate communication tactic to stakeholders
- Evaluate the value and use of cause marketing campaigns
- Engage community partnerships to help communicate your story
- Use varied outlets, including social media, to align your message with your audience
- Characterize the role of reporting standards and performance measurement in corporate citizenship communication
Who would benefit from this program?
This program is designed for professionals with direct corporate citizenship responsibilities. Individuals from public relations, marketing and communications or other functions – who are responsible for the CSR or corporate communications or have direct contact with key company stakeholders – will also benefit from this program. If multiple people from your company would benefit from this program it can be brought on site. Email Eileen Blinstrub for details.
This course is an elective for the Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Management
- Member: $1,850.00
- Non-Member: $2,495.00
Dates and Locations:
- March 11-13, 2015; Portland, OR
Register by January 9 to receive $200 off the course registration.
HOTEL: Hotel Monaco Portland ($199.00 special rate until 2/17/2015)
- Learn more about course logistics, including the course schedule, cancellation policy, and other general information.