Corporate Giving: A 21st Century Approach
Corporate giving has advanced from its traditional position as a locally focused, often reactionary check-writing activity. Today, many companies manage highly-visible, well-structured programs that span geographic borders and align giving with core business capabilities. The 21st century generation of corporate giving is transforming the arena once again, repositioning it as a comprehensive portfolio of strategic, long-term, value-based programs.
This program will help you as a professional with corporate giving responsibilities to evaluate the current state of your giving portfolio within a best practices perspective. Through interactive engagement with others in the course, you will begin to apply the concepts and lessons of the contemporary approach to corporate giving.
What to expect
Utilizing exercises, lectures, examples, case studies and small group interactions, this 2½ day program provides you with tactical and strategic skills to help move your corporate giving program to the next level.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Sharpen the focus of your corporate giving to support business objectives and address material issues
- Articulate and evaluate your current philanthropy portfolio, including financial and in-kind donations, within an integrated corporate citizenship strategy
- Assess, evaluate and measure your company’s corporate giving initiatives
- Communicate your corporate giving program strategically to enable effective stakeholder engagement
- Examine your programs for potential corporate citizenship partnership opportunities
The Course of Study
The State of Corporate Giving
- Characterize different levels and types of corporate giving programs
- Evaluate research findings to assess the broad state of corporate giving programs
- Position corporate giving within a company’s broader approach to corporate citizenship
- Explain key drivers for the evolution of corporate giving as a strategic business initiative
Assessment, Evaluation and Measurement of Corporate Giving
- Assess the stage of your company’s corporate giving program
- Determine the allocation of funds across your giving portfolio
- Utilize tools to evaluate grantees and partners
- Illustrate the fundamental components of a measurement strategy
Communicating your Company’s Corporate Giving
- Engage stakeholders including employees using an effective communication plan
- Transform data into a compelling narrative
- Use varied outlets including social media to align your message with your audience
Corporate Giving in Practice
- Understand the necessary components for effective management in pursuit of excellence in corporate giving programs
- Identify and determine which societal issues your organization should address
- Recognize examples of corporate giving best practices
Who would benefit from this program
This program is designed for professionals with direct corporate giving responsibilities. Individuals from other functional areas such as public and government affairs, sustainability, corporate responsibility, public relations, marketing and communications – who have direct contact with key company stakeholders and/or who work closely with their company’s corporate giving function – will also benefit from this program. If multiple people from your company would benefit from this program it can be brought on-site. Email Eileen Blinstrub for details.
This course is an elective for the Certificate in Corporate Citizenship Management
- Member: $1,850.00
- Non-Member: $2,495.00
Dates and Locations:
- No upcoming dates
- Learn more about course logistics, including the course schedule, cancellation policy, and other general information.